Are you interested or involved in reimagining the fashion industry? Join us in Valencia on the 12th of February for the launch of the European Social Innovation Competition 2020: Reimagine Fashion. Register for your free ticket here.
The ++The CompetitionThe European Social Innovation Competition is an initiative of DG Growth of the European Commission, and is organised by Nesta, Kennisland, Ashoka, ENoLL and Scholz & Friends. The competition promotes and supports social innovation in Europe and provides a platform for leading European innovators to support new initiatives, help them develop and grow and organise peer to peer learning. Read more about last year’s finalists here. is an annual challenge prize that aims to stimulate the potential of social innovation to provide solutions to societal challenges and foster sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe. In 2020, we ask pioneers from all EU Member States and Horizon 2020 countries to Reimagine Fashion. Through supporting social entrepreneurs that change behaviours for sustainable fashion, this year we focus on reducing the environmental and social impact of the fashion industry.
On February 12, we kick off this year’s competition with a launch event in Valencia, bringing together social entrepreneurs, businesses, universities, NGO’s, and visionaries from within and outside the fashion industry. At the event, we will explore how we can change the ways in which we produce, buy, use and recycle fashion and encourage sustainable consumer behaviour.At the event, we will explore how we can change the ways in which we produce, buy, use and recycle fashion and encourage sustainable consumer behaviour. We will also hear about previous Competition winners’ experiences and learn from front running sustainable fashion companies and social entrepreneurs from the region. Please join us to Reimagine Fashion in Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia!
The agenda for the launch event is as follows:
- 14:30 Registration and Refreshments
- 15:00 Welcome and Introduction
- 15:10 Keynote Speech
- 15:25 Welcome to the Social Innovation and Sustainable Fashion Fair
- 16:00 The Social Innovation and Sustainable Fashion Fair
– Reimaging sustainable use and consumption by Peterson Stoop
– Reimagine sustainable production by Framiore
– Reimagine the lifecycle of fashion products by Recover
– Problems and Solutions surrounding the fashion industry by Nesta
– Application Clinic by the organising team
- 17:45 Alumni Speech by Valeria Valotto from Quid, Winner of The European Social Innovation Competition 2014
- 17:55 Closing remarks
- 18:00 Networking drinks + Fair
Sign up to the European Social Innovation Competition’s newsletter to get regular information about the Competition, find out how to submit your idea, learn about the exciting projects which entered this year, meet the inspiring innovators of 2020 and much more.