Join our Nora van der Linden for a debate on the future of social innovation in Europe and take the opportunity to meet the Semi-Finalists of the European Social Innovation Competition 2019.++Social Innovation AcademyKennisland is responsible for the substantive organisation of the Social Innovation Academy that will take place in Cluj this July. This academy consists of a three-day programme that is aimed at improving or further developing the participants initiatives. Read more The event is hosted in the margins of the European Social Innovation Competition Academy and is co-hosted with Nesta Italia, Turin City Lab, UniCredit and the social enterprise The Musichall theater.
It will first present social innovation in Torino and address important questions:
- how can grassroots innovators build tangible solutions to European and global challenges?
- how can partnerships expand local ecosystems to support these solutions?
Experts from across Europe will also discuss the wider status of social innovation focusing on:
- success stories of innovations that create social impact;
- how to amplify the scale and sustainability of successful social innovations;
- how to align top down policies, regulations, laws and taxes with bottom up.
During the event, you will also have a chance to meet the Semi-Finalists of the European Social Innovation Competition 2019, who will be available to present and discuss their solutions to this year’s competition topic: ‘Challenging plastic waste’.
With a.o.: Geoff Mulgan (Chief Executive, Nesta), Mario Calderini (Professor of Social Innovation), Laura Penna (Deputy Head of Social Impact Bank, Unicredit) and our own Nora van Der Linden (Director and Social Innovation Advisor at Kennisland).
Click here for the full line-up and more info.