Government supports Creative Commons NL
The Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science have agreed to financially support Creative Commons The Netherlands (CC-NL) for the coming two-and-a-half years.
CC-NL will use the money to develop the following activities:
- Supporting the use of Creative Commons licenses in The Netherlands.
- Carrying out research about the use of CC-licenses in different sectors. An important part of the research will deal with existing obstacles that users of the licenses run into.
- Promoting and the exchange of knowledge and improving coordination of activities at the European level.
CC-NL has specifically targeted the following groups for its activities:
- Individual composers and musicians
- Students specializing in media or topics related to culture
- Schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions
- Institutions with an interest in cultural heritage
- Goverment institutions (notably public television)
More information about CC-NL can be obtained by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org