“A Common Challenge – two different cultural perspectives” is a partnership between Kennisland and the Güven Education Health Organization in Ankara. This ++Civil society dialogueSince 2008, projects have taken place in which civil society organisations in Turkey and the Netherlands exchange knowledge and experiences. The objective is to establish a long-term dialogue between the two countries. Read more is facilitated by the European Union and the Turkish Ministry of European Affairs. The objective of the dialogue is to learn from our respective approaches to elderly care. It covers three topics: nursing care, home care and informal care. Questions to be considered:
- How have the two countries organised long-term care?
- What are their respective cultural backgrounds and perspectives on growing old and the associated care needs?
- What impact do these have on formal and informal care tasks?
- How do families and other loved ones contribute to elderly care?
- What can we learnFor this dialogue, we will bring together elderly care professionals and experts from both countries. about issues such as caring for elderly people with a migration background?
- What can Turkey learn from how the Netherlands is dealing with the increasing number of people with dementia?